Monday, March 15, 2010

Virginia Bans Mandatory Healthcare

The fact that this measure was voted with an overwhelming number of votes in favor speaks volumes as to the desires of the states citizens. What's even more telling is the fact that there are other states with similar legislation lined up for review and passage. I really hope that Virginia will be known as the state that paved the way for renewal of the 10th Amendment.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/politics/Virginia-Bans-Mandatory-Healthcare-87328102.html

Furthermore, I don't know out of what side of his neck DNC spokesman Alec Gerlach is speaking, but what he said is utterly untrue. I am also extremely relieved that Tim Kaine is no longer our governor. To me he was a lazy and slick wheeler and dealer that was a source of embarrassment to Virginia. I was absolutely unconvinced about his sincerity on ANYTHING.

And for the love of all that is holy, I REALLY wish that this healthcare struggle would stop being compared to the civil rights struggle. One really has nothing to do with the other. I really do not feel that whether or not this bill passes will be a reflection of the racial climate in this country.

1 comment:

Followers